SLAFAR with collaboration and financial support of BOBLME has organized a workshop for the presenting authors of the 19th annual scientific sessions of 2013. The workshop was conducted at MAS Fabric Park, Thulhiriya, Sri Lanka on the 9th and 10th April 2013. There were 18 participants attended the workshop representing the University of Ruhuna, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka, University of Kelaniya, Uwa Wellassa University, Ocean University and the National Aquaculture Development Authority. The workshop was facilitated by Dr. Chris O’ Brein (chief facilitator), Regional coordinator, BOBLME project; Prof. J.M.P.K. Jayasinghe, Wyamba University of Sri Lanka, Dr. (Ms) J.A.D.S.S. Jayakody, Senior Lecturer, Wyamba University of Sri Lanka; and Dr. M.D.S.T. de Croos, Senior Lecturer, Wyamba University of Sri Lanka. The workshop was conducted to achieve the following objectives.
- Improve the presentation skills of young scientists in the field of fisheries and aquatic resources.
- Improve effective oral communication of young scientists.
- Introduce new trends in scientific presentations.
- Confidence building of young scientists to present their research findings in front of the public.
- Train on effective use of audio-visual aids in scientific presentations.
The workshop will be conducted for the presenting authors of the 19th annual scientific sessions of 2013.